[MPlayer-users] compile problem with x.org and ati fglrx driverusing GCC 4.0 and latest cvs

Marius Schrecker marius at schrecker.org
Tue Nov 22 08:01:21 CET 2005

> On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 17:44:57 +0100 (CET)
> "Marius Schrecker" <marius at schrecker.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm having trouble compiling MPlayer from source using latest cvs.
>> I'm using GCC 4.0.1 on Debian sid with X.org 6.8.2 dfsg and ati's
>> fglrx v. 8.19.10 The problem occurs if I try to compile with the
>> --enable-gui option.
>> Does anyone have more tips on this?
>
> Yes, don't compile the GUI. Or if you really must then read the error
> messages that the compiler gives. If you don't understand them post
> them here.
>
> Martin

Thanks Martin,

Actually the problem mysteriously went away after I first compiled without
the --with-Gui option then with. Don't understand what else I did, but it
must have been something :-)

Next challenge is finding all the settings for doing a Debian package
build with the same options, I'm, getting warnings about level 4
compatibility being deprecated and not finding libdha at the moment. Will
browse the main/debian directory for clues.

Cheers

Marius