[MPlayer-users] Frame doesn't resize w/ window size (was: DVD trouble on Inspiron 6000 (SCSI: No DMA))

Reshat Sabiq sabiq at csociety.org
Wed Nov 23 00:31:04 CET 2005

I started playing with Ubuntu on a test partition, and have been positively
impressed. For one, DMA appears to be there, although i can't use hdparm to
check on it, as both HD and CD-RW/DVD drives are mapped as SCSI. But still i
have some issues w/ DVDs.

The problem i'm encountering now is that the mplayer frame doesn't resize with
window size, and stays at 720x480, even in fullscreen mode. -x and -y from
command line also don't help. Any tips would be welcome.

P.S. Some titles also don't play, for some reason, failing in opening IFO file
(appears to be the case in older DVDs). I guess i'll need to re-install  again.
I used echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq from command line prior to
playing, but still haven't figured out which script to use and how to get this
done automatically. Although i don't think this matters in this case.
P.P.S. Ubuntu appears to be a more powerful distro based on Debian. Even
hibernate worked for me, w/o me tweeking anything.

Thanks.