[MPlayer-users] Re: Frame doesn't resize w/ window size (was: DVD trouble on Inspiron 6000 (SCSI: No DMA))

Reshat Sabiq sabiq at csociety.org
Wed Nov 23 11:30:54 CET 2005

Jan Knutar <jknutar <at> nic.fi> writes:

> You are using vo x11. If your system supports it, -vo xv will get you hardware
> accelerated scaling and colourspace transform. For performance reasons,
> software scaling is disabled by default when using non-accelerated vo.
>
> Try -zoom

Bingo. In fact, xv is not even detected.
I am not sure which package contains Xv. I'd appreciate any feedback.

P.S.
One thing i don't like about Ubuntu is that the install CD (just one)
naturally contains only a basic set of packages.
A lot of stuff has to be added
afterwards (unlike in Fedora, where most stuff can be  pre-installed).
Looking
at Synaptic it appears i have most of xorg stuff installed.
But Ubuntu chose ati
driver for the graphics card (Fedora chose radeon). Could it be that this driver
doesn't support xv?

Thanks.