[MPlayer-users] MPlayer/MEncoder crash on particular RealPlayerrmvb files

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 23 19:53:38 CET 2005

>Works fine for me. Win XP SP2 Home, nVidia FX Go 5700, Athlon 64.

I suspect that the problem is really a bug in my ATI Radeon 9200 Windows
driver.

I mentioned that other media players on my system can play the files on my
system. I am going to try RealPlayer 9 (RP9) next, since the Real codecs
used by MPlayer are part of RP9. If RP9 cannot play the file, then I suppose
there is not much that the developers could do, unless they use RP10 codecs,
instead, which they probably would have done by now if they had figured out
how, or wanted to upgrade their RealPlayer support.

>Do you use the real codecs from the MPlayer homepage (even if you
>installed them, MPlayer might be using another version

Yes. Trying to solve the problem from a different angle, I would sometimes
move the RP codecs out of my codecs folder, and MPlayer would complain that
it could not load the codec, so I am sure that it is using the ones that I
downloaded, even if there were other copies on my system, which I doubt. I
will confirm that when I get home.

>You named it bugreport.tar.bz2. No wonder locate couldn't find it

Sorry about that.  I renamed it because I got tired of typing in the MSYS
shell.

>I used my own MPlayer build with runtime cpu detection, you can get it
>from...
OK. I believe that the problem is specifc to my video card, though.

Anyway, because I was trying to do 2 things at once, some of the information
in my posts is not correct. Also, I have been informed that I will probably
get more help on MPlayer-cygwin. As soon as I find out how to sign up (see
my post on that topic), I will start again on MPlayer-cygwin.

Thanks for your reply.