[MPlayer-users] svgalib_helper and kernel 2.6.14: SOLVED with ugly hack.

Marius Schrecker marius at schrecker.org
Thu Nov 24 11:38:23 CET 2005

> Hi,
>
> I don't know whether anyone else has tried compiling this with 2.6.14, but
> it seems that the kernel function io_remap_page_range() is now deprecated
> and has been replaced by io_remap_pfn_range().
>
> The compiler warning is given at line 476 of kernel/svgalib_helper/main.c
> , but the definitions seem to be in one of the includes.
>
> I also don't know whether the paramaters for the old and new function
> calls are similar, and whether the patch would be as simple as
> substituting the new name for the old.
>
> Does anyone know where to look in the code for the definitions, and/or, if
> there is already a patch around to solve this?
>
> Cheers
>
> Marius

Just thought I'd pass on that the module compiles and loads without
errors/warnings after I hacked the code with the new name in
kernel26compat.h

I also changed the name of the local function in main.c to reflect this,
but have made no attempt at kernel version checking, so my hacked code
won't work with earlier kernels.

Anyway, for those who are interested, the hack is easy to implement and
seems to work for the kernel in question.

Cheers

Marius