[MPlayer-users] Error on compile w/new Twolame

Stephen Stocker lpar at par1.net
Sat Nov 26 03:41:52 CET 2005

   The Wanderer wrote:

> Stephen Stocker wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm not really sure whether this belongs here or on the Twolame
> > mailing list, but the recent update of Twolame has broken the compile
> > of MPlayer if you're using it. I reverted my CVS update of Twolame to
> > Nov 17, and there's no problem with it.
> >
> > For anyone wishing to check this, the new Twolame home page is
> > http://www.twolame.org . I think I see the problem in twolame.h, but
> > I'm not sure what to do about it.
> >
> > Using Slackware 10, gcc 3.3.4 gives this output:
>
> <snip all of the successful no-errors compile lines>
>
> > cc -I../libvo -I../../libvo  -fno-PIC -O4 -march=pentium-mmx
> > -mcpu=pentium-mmx -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -D_REENTRANT
> > -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64  -I.
> > -I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include -I./libavutil
> > -I./libavcodec  -o mencoder mencoder.o mp_msg-mencoder.o asxparser.o
> > codec-cfg.o cpudetect.o edl.o find_sub.o m_config.o m_option.o
> > m_struct.o parser-cfg.o playtree.o playtreeparser.o spudec.o sub_cc.o
> > subreader.o vobsub.o  unrarlib.o divx4_vbr.o libvo/aclib.o
> > libvo/font_load.o libvo/font_load_ft.o libvo/osd.o libvo/sub.o
> > parser-mecmd.o xvid_vbr.o libmpcodecs/libmpencoders.a -lmp3lame
> > libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a loader/libloader.a
> > loader/dshow/libDS_Filter.a loader/dmo/libDMO_Filter.a libaf/libaf.a
> > libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a input/libinput.a postproc/libswscale.a
> > osdep/libosdep.a -Llibmpdvdkit2 -lmpdvdkit libavformat/lib avformat.a
> > libavcodec/libavcodec.a libavutil/libavutil.a   -lmad -lfaad
> > -lmp3lame    -lpng -lz -lz -ljpeg -lasound -ldl -lpthread
> > -ltwolame -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -lfreetype
> > -lz -ltermcap -lcdda_interface -lcdda_paranoia
> > /usr/lib/live/liveMedia/libliveMedia.a
> > /usr/lib/live/groupsock/libgroupsock.a
> > /usr/lib/live/UsageEnvironment/libUsageEnvironment.a
> > /usr/lib/live/BasicUsageEnvironment/libBasicUsageEnvironment.a
> > -lstdc++  -lnsl -lgif       mp3lib/libMP3.a liba52/liba52.a
> > libmpeg2/libmpeg2.a tremor/libvorbisidec.a -Wl,-z,noexecstack
> > -lposix -lpthread -ldl -rdynamic   -lm
> > libmpcodecs/libmpencoders.a(ae_twolame.o)(.text+0x172): In function
> > `mpae_init_twolame':
> > : undefined reference to `twolame_set_VBR_q'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make: *** [mencoder] Error 1
>
> What version of MPlayer are you trying to compile? If it's not the
> latest CVS version, try that. If it *is* the latest CVS version, then
> it's possible (actually I'd think probable) that we need to adapt to fit
> the change in the twolame API.
>
> (And, just as an aside: yow, that was some messed-up line wrapping. It's
> not generally a good idea to break lines in the middle of a 'word',
> especially not when there's perfectly good whitespace not far away...)
>
> --

   Sorry, I forgot to mention the MPlayer version. Yes, it's the CVS of
   MPlayer (last night's, actually). Running an update just now showed
   only a few doc updates and libmpdemux/cddb.c since then.

   Ouch, I didn't even notice the lack of word wrap! Glad you mentioned
   it. I'll blame it on Pico, since it's convenient. :)

   The Twolame issue isn't that important to me, since a recent CVS of it
   works OK, but I thought that sooner or later, it'd cause problems.
   Thanks.

   Take care,
   Steve