[MPlayer-users] Leadtek Winfast 2000 XP expert cx88 chip

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Nov 30 04:36:13 CET 2005

Kichigai Mentat wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2005, at 14.22, Michael Staggs wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 29 November 2005 13:48, Kichigai Mentat wrote:
>>
>>> Try reading up in the MAN page about choosing your audio input.
>>> Something like -tv adev=/dev/dsp or something like that. It's
>>> been a while since I used a system with a TV card, so I don't
>>> remember off hand.
>>
>> I've tried that. This is what I have so far:
>>
>> mplayer tv:// -tv
>> driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:input=0:normid=0:channel=5:chanlist=us-cable:alsa:forceaudio:outfmt=yuy2

I'll note that this doesn't include the -tv suboption he suggested,
"adevice". Have you tried experimenting with that?

>> This is the output I get:
>
> [snip]
>
>> 86 audio & 200 video codecs
>> Failed to open /dev/rtc: Device or resource busy (it should be
>> readable by the
>                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Is anything else using your mixer? And is the Aux Jack selected as
> your recording port, or is your Mic jack?

This is almost certainly irrelevant, since the error message is about
/dev/rtc - that is, the real-time clock. Making the necessary changes to
avoid that error message may have other positive effects (I don't know
what, although I might guess either improved A/V sync or slightly better
performance - neither of which seems likely), but it is very unlikely to
have any effect on audio output.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.