[MPlayer-users] documentation mencoder section multiple jpg / png / tga

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 12:59:27 CET 2005

Hi,

On 11/30/05, Helmut Rathgen <helmut.rathgen at web.de> wrote:
> I would like to suggest an addition to the MEncoder Doc
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-enc-images.html.
>

> For me the example commands to generate movies from multiple jpg / png /
> tga, e.g.
>
> mencoder mf://*.jpg -mf w=800:h=600:fps=25:type=jpg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -oac copy -o /output.avi/
>
> did not  work.

If I recall correctly, there has been several bug reports about this.
I don't remember if any fix has been committed to address this
problem. Helmut, what version of MPlayer are you using? Are you using
CVS or a release? Try with latest CVS if you did not try already.

The instructions to try the CVS version are at the bottom of this
page: http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/dload.html

> I did a web search on this topic and found that this is a general
> problem and many people were not able to solve it. In my case the
> problem was with the automatic choice of the video codec for the
> generation of the stream. So it works if I specify the video codec
> explicitly, e.g.
>
> mencoder mf://*.jpg -mf w=800:h=600:fps=25:type=jpg -vc ijpg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -oac copy -o /output.avi
>
> or
>
> /mencoder mf://*.png -mf fps=25 -vc mpng -ovc copy -oac copy -o /output.avi

> /So I would like to suggest you to add an example like this to the MEncoder Doc section cited above!

I will do it when I have some time, and once I can be certain that
there is no other way to go but to do as you suggested.

Guillaume
--
MPlayer's doc is offline. Find some fresh one here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/