[MPlayer-users] Re: Re: swf flash with mplayer

Wed Nov 30 19:49:55 CET 2005

Hi SeNS!

 On 2005.11.30 at 09:34:17 -0500, SeNS wrote next:

> VM> Why don't you use gflashplayer?
>
> I'm use dxr3 board (actually Hollywood Plus) for output to TV and mms as

Sorry, I don't know anything about dxr. But why can't you just output
all screen contents? I mean, even most simple cards with TV-out allow
that.

> menu system running on the disk-kbd-mouse-display-less linux box.
>
> VM> No, they aren't used in swf files, and yes, mplayer playbacks sorenson
> VM> 1-3 and vp3-7 perfectly. You'll need to install some extra codecs
> VM> package in order to get sorenson 2-3 and vp4-7 working.
>
> Could you please expand little bit your answer? Is it possible to render
> swf using these codecs?

Mplayer can't playback swf files. It can't demux them. But maybe it can
do that though libavformat, because ffmpeg has some swf support.
Unfortunately, I found only two swf files with video (I bet it's h263)
on my harddrive, but they are a bit different from most other files,
file says
Macromedia Flash data (compressed), version 6
instead of something like
Macromedia Flash data, version 5

and ffplay chokes on them, saying
[swf @ 0x41171b6c]Compressed SWF format not supported

swf files with videos are rare, and it looks to me that most of new
flash 6 and (all?) flash 7 files are "compressed", so I can't test
whether ffplay and mplayer will actually play "uncompressed" video swf
file. Maybe they will.

To install support of these codecs, download codecs package from
mplayer's website, or download rpm if your system is rpm-based. Dunno
which one you should get, I suggest most complete one, it supports all
of them (except maybe vp7) for sure.

--

Vladimir