[MPlayer-users] BUG - writing to WAV files

Neil Sleightholm neil at x2systems.com
Sat Oct 1 10:19:38 CEST 2005

I think there is a problem writing to WAV files in post pre7 source
changes. With pre7 I can run the following and it will write the file
R2.WAV and terminate when the stream is complete:

    mplayer -vo null -cache 128 -ao pcm:file=r2.wav
rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio2/r2online_id.rm

With a more recent source the last few seconds of the stream are
repeated over and over again and the write never terminates.

I have only been able to test this on Windows with a build compiled
under MinGW. At first I thought it was just my build but I have found
the same problem with a build from
http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php.

Does anyone else see this problem?

Neil