[MPlayer-users] BUG - writing to WAV files

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Oct 1 14:36:42 CEST 2005

Hi,
> I tested on my Linux machine, and I don't run into that problem (with
> a DVD source at least, the link you gave doesn"t work here). Please
> test with other sources, and maybe without the "-cache" option.

You won't notice it there, because it was a bug in ad_realaud.c (the
decoder for binary real codecs). It did not see when it reached the end
of a file but instead decoded the old data over and over.
This bug was exposed by a patch that made MPlayer play until all data
is decoded instead of only until all data is read (which caused files to
end prematurely).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger