[MPlayer-users] Re: Mono stream change in behaviour

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Oct 2 18:26:59 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 04:01:24PM +0000, Neil Sleightholm wrote:
mplayer.1, line 888 of latest CVS says:
"To directly control the number of output channels independently of how
many
channels are decoded, use the channels filter."

> > Why does that happen? How are you using MPlayer?
>
> The output is being piped to another program and I think the problem
> may be the other program. I'll investigate this.

Ah, I guess -ao pcm. Unless you use it with nowaveheader it is possible
to find out the number of channels from the output...

> > The old "default" just plain did and could not work as soon as you
> > used any filter. Thus I do not see any chance of this being restored.
>
> Ok, I thought I would report it just in case other people were
> expecting this behaviour. I'll revise my use of this to handle mono
> correctly.

It has and it probably will create some problems, since some of the
audio output modules do not check if they actually support the format
MPlayer suggest. But at least I didn't find a better solution...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger