[MPlayer-users] x264 encoding with B-frames ruins A-V sync

Miroslav Lichvar lichvarm at phoenix.inf.upol.cz
Sun Oct 2 22:55:04 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm experiencing a-v sync problems with mencoder when using the x264
encoder with bframes option.

mencoder -o a.avi -oac copy -ovc x264 -x264encopts \
	bitrate=1000:bframes=3 a.mpg

generates a file with a-v out of sync and it can be perfectly played
back with "mplayer -delay -0.12". When I set bframes to 16, the right
delay value will be about -0.64. Every file I tried had the same
problem.

I'm using current mplayer, mencoder and x264 compiled with gcc 3.4.4.

--
Miroslav Lichvar