[MPlayer-users] How to create a wav file with silence with MPlayer

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Mon Oct 3 16:54:53 CEST 2005

Hi,
Up to MPlayer 1.0pre7 I was able to create a wav file with silence with the
following command line:

mplayer -rawaudio on:format=0x1:rate=48000 /dev/zero -nocache -frames 4 -ao pcm:waveheader:file=silence.wav

The advantage of this method is that I can easily select the frame rate and
the duration (-frames) of the wav file.

With CVS the syntax has changed. The corresponding command line is:

mplayer -demuxer 20 -rawaudio format=0x1:rate=48000 /dev/zero -nocache -frames 4 -ao pcm:waveheader:file=silence.wav

The problem now is that MPlayer never stops. It ignores completly the option -frames. Is there a way to restore the old beahviour?

Thanks.
Giacomo