[MPlayer-users] Re: BUG - Garbled output playing realaudio

Neil Sleightholm neil at x2systems.com
Tue Oct 4 20:46:34 CEST 2005

Bryan Alton wrote:

> That is strange.  The main difference in the new patch is that when
> creating a packet to make up for a loss it has a choice. There is
> no fundamental difference in the error detection code.  There are
> a few extra checks to prevent other RealAudio formats falling
> into this code - perhaps I have missed some condition.  At the start
> of new Mplayer patch it should produce a couple of lines of text
> prefixed by "Live" - these are the parameters of the RealAudio
> stream.  If you can copy them it might help.
>
> What time of day did this happen ?

It happened at 16:30 today. The stream was
"audio/x-pn-multirate-realaudio-live". I have just heard it again on
Radio 4 and this time although it went wrong for 20s or so, it
recovered. I must admit I am confused. I am wondering whether my
internet connection was particularly busy at the time and the packets
were being dropped locally. I will keep testing and see if it happens
again.

Thanks for all your work on this. Incidently the application for this
is a plugin for the SlimDevices Squeeze box (www.slimdevices.com)
called AlienBBC.

Neil