[MPlayer-users] SDL overhead ?

Ergzay ergzay at everyoneproductions.com
Thu Oct 6 04:19:27 CEST 2005

On 2005/10/05, at 22:03, Enrico Weigelt wrote:

> Hi folks,
>

> has anyone already done concerete measurings of using vo_sdl vs. an
> appropriate native vo ?

 From what I've seen using vo_SDL would almost always be slower. On the
mac if you use vo_SDL it gives an error about not being able to call
x11 and then says its using quartz in SDL for outputing from SDL.
Mplayer supports direct output to quartz so you would thus be adding an
extra step in which it couldn't be any faster from adding something. I
don't have any proof of this but this seems like a logical argument.