[MPlayer-users] byte position on mplayer exit (how to restart from that location)

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Thu Oct 6 15:28:26 CEST 2005

I occasionally need to stop mplayer (completely not just pause)
do something else then I want to start mplayer again at the current byte
position from where
I stopped it.

I cannot do -ss time as it does not function correctly.

How can I get the current byte position of whatever mplayer has opened?

I am sending a SIGTERM to mplayer when I want it to stop.

I looked into "lsof -o" but it doesnt work and give me an OFFSET column.
I only see SIZE.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Again, I am looking for a way to stop mplayer (completely) and then
restart it where it stopped.

Thanks,

Jerry