[MPlayer-users] dvd audio encoding issue -- causing Too many audio buffer -- a possible solution

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Fri Oct 7 21:13:54 CEST 2005

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 11:22:28AM -0700, Mudit Wahal wrote:
> Thanks Rashkae for your response.
>
> How about using -ss or -sb option to skip to a good frame ? Have you tried it with the dvds and
> see if it worked ?
>
> I'll have to try it once I'm back home.

In my case, Mplayer is able to recover from the damaged stream without skipping a beat... I suspect, however, that DVD shrink might have been confounded and messed up your re-encoded copies... You'll have to try skipping a minute or so on your stream. (Xine, however, is unable to play these movies on my system, though other people are able to play the same streams allright.  I suspect my audio driver is spitting out a hairball at the invalid output.)