[MPlayer-users] Status of snow and nut?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 11:38:03 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 10/8/05, Fabio Papa <fn024607 at yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hi folks,
> sorry but I have been out of the loop for too much,
> and I was wandering what's the status of the 2 much
> awaited (for me, that is) things in multimedia.
> Are snow and nut anywhere near usability, yet?

As far as NUT is concerned, it's being worked on by Oded Shimon for
several weeks. It currently works in special cases (like MPEG4 ASP +
MP3 does work, AVC doesn't), so there is still some work to do.

As far as Snow is concerned, it has not changed immensely for the past
months. There has been only bugfixes committed. I also look forward
for some new development on Snow, like getting Yartrebo's SIMD
decoding optimization committed. :)

Guillaume
--
Reading doesn't hurt, really!