[MPlayer-users] CRT settings for MPlayer

Roger Andreassen randreas69 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 16 19:33:10 CEST 2005

I still have a CRT monitor, it's a Targa 1770, and some night scenes in
mplayer is too dark.

When I see The 4400 on TV it's much brighter in dark or night pictures than
off the original DVD. Normally lit pictures are fine, but I can barely make
out faces etc if it's dark.

I've played around with nvidia-settings (have a Gainward Geforce 200mx) but
if I set the gamma higher than 1.9 my desktop suffer too much brightness.

I've heard different 'ideal' settings but the numbers varies from 1.7 to 2.4
gamma. Would like to be able to have settings in .mplayer/configure to watch
TV, mplayer and web browsing please.

Regards,

Roger A,
Norway.