[MPlayer-users] Problems playing an XVID file.

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Oct 17 16:11:27 CEST 2005

Rainer Hantsch wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I tried to play a movie I got. It has extreme distortion of the video
> and mplayer (as well as xine) reports repeatedly that it does not
> support more than one warp point.

"Warp point"? I don't know what you're talking about; certainly there is
no occurrence of the phrase "warp point" in MPlayer (although there are
variables which talk about "sprite warping points", but I'm fairly sure
that those are unrelated, especially since they never get printed).

Given that the message *is* being printed, in the output you gave
(useless as that is since it's from such an outdated version of
MPlayer), it must of necessity come from a library being used. I'd guess
the video codec, but the codec being used in this case comes from
libavcodec, which doesn't contain the phrase either.

> From the moment where this message appears, I see more and more
> artifacts until the whole picture is lost, until a new keyframe (i
> guess) comes. Then it starts again...
>
> On my laptop I have a newer version of mplayer, doing the same nasty
> stuff.
>
> Can someone help, please? Would like to convert the file into a
> normal one.

> MPlayer 0.90pre8-2.95.3 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)

I should HOPE you'd have a newer version! - this is ANCIENT. At the very
least, give the output from your "newer" version; much better still,
give the verbose output from the current CVS version.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.