[MPlayer-users] Creating a stupid person do all mplayer package

Ergzay ergzay at everyoneproductions.com
Wed Oct 19 06:55:39 CEST 2005

On 2005/10/19, at 0:27, RC wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 23:52:48 -0400
> Ergzay <ergzay at everyoneproductions.com> wrote:
>
>> They all run on windows. I want to compile on my
>> Mac OS X computer an mplayer windows executable with a gui or an easy
>> UI that has at least all the above codecs (hopefully more). Is this
>> possible, and if so how do I do it?
>
> Download the Windows MPlayer binaries.  Also download MPUI (check the
> mplayer homepage) for a very good MPlayer GUI for Windows.
>
> The only thing MPUI doesn't do that it should, is associate file types.
> So, you'll have to create a .reg or .inf file for Windows to associate
> all video files to run with MPUI.
>
> Then, perhaps make a self-extractor that will install MPlayer and MPUI
> to the right folder, and run the reg/inf file.
>
> Most people are better-off installing Media Player Classic and
> all the native Windows codecs they may need.

Well for one thing, I hate windows so much that its caused me not to
become familiar with the inner workings. I have absolutely no clue what
syntax a .reg or .inf file is or where to put it. I will attach along
with the file I give them a .txt file explaining any installation steps
needed and where to place what files. So could you go into a little
more detail on what to do. (maybe even write a quick reg/inf file for
me?) I want to leave some files (.wmv, .rm and such), if they have the
players that play them, associated with their appropriate programs. If
they don't have the programs for one type, then they should be
associated to mplayer. I also want to use the current CVS for the
binary if possible. I know how to compile mplayer CVS just fine already
on OS X, just need to know how to cross compile.

Ergzay