[MPlayer-users] Creating a stupid person do all mplayer package

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Oct 19 09:10:38 CEST 2005

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 02:59:57 -0400
Ergzay <ergzay at everyoneproductions.com> wrote:

> Could I just have them use MPUI and the Windows Binaries and they
> would have to open  each file by hand?

Yes.  But you're going to have to tell them to create shortcuts to the
application, and things like that.  Unless you plan to make a really
full-fledged installer, and I doubt that is the case.

> Or, if I remember correctly (I forget if this is win  xp or win 98 or
> both), there is a "Folder options" which you can go to from a menu in
> any folder and it allows you to set what applications open which file
> types. Couldn't I just have them use that and set it  with that?

That dialog certainly exists, but you're going to have a very hard time
explaining to people how to use it.  It's very unfriendly,
and needlessly convoluted.  Editing the registry by hand is simpler,
IMHO, and certainly far faster.