[MPlayer-users] Mplayer, Specify framedropping?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Oct 21 00:25:00 CEST 2005

ObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if there is a feature in mplayer that allows you to
> explicitly skip frames so that, for example, only every 2nd,5th or
> 10th frame would be displayed.
>
> The reason I ask is because I am looking to use either the vo -png or
> jpeg options to capture screenshots of a movie, but obviously I'd
> prefer a smaller subsection of the total frames. Every 10th frame,
> for example.
>
> Does anyone know of a method of doing this?

mplayer -vf framestep=10

(The man page syntax description seems to indicate that it should be
"framestep=10step", and indeed that doesn't give an error, but it
doesn't seem to give noticeably different behaviour either. Does anyone
know what exactly the syntax of that command is supposed to be, and if
possible why? The man page doesn't seem especially clear on the point.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.