[MPlayer-users] cdda://2 broken

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Sat Oct 29 23:55:16 CEST 2005

> using "-cdda paranoia=0" does make things to work.  the discs I've
> been testing with include various commercial audio CDs, some old and
> some brand new and all in pristine condition.  all fail on "cdda://2"
> if that paranoia_overlapset() call is made and paranoia is not set 0.
>
> My drive id string is "JLMS XJ-HD165H, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM", if that
> may shed any light.

(replying to myself here.)

Did some additional tests.

I used cdparanoia to read the CDs (leaving full error detection
enabled), starting from track 1 and then also starting from track 2.  No
errors (corrected or otherwise) were detected, and cdparanoia appeared
able to have absolutely no issues reading.

Under some suspition that it may be a drive related issue, I swapped out
the drive for another, a "MATSHITADVD-ROM SR-8584A, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM".
The issue still persists. :(

If this problem is not reproducable by anyone else, could it be that I
have a buggy library on my system that call cdda is making may be
getting compiled against?  It's a debian woody system.

--
robh