[MPlayer-users] unknown codec 0x66666974

Joshua Crawford mortarn_lists at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 31 18:27:53 CET 2005

* Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> [2005-10-31 14:08 +0100]:
> On 10/31/05, Joshua Crawford <mortarn_lists at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>> * Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> [2005-10-30 10:02 +0100]:

>>> I don't think it's gonna make any difference, but please try CVS
>>> version of MPlayer.
>>
>> I've just installed the CVS version, and you're right - there's no
>> difference.
>
> The best thing is to upload a "Tiff" video sample online somewhere and
> give a link to it on ffmpeg mailing list so that ppl can hopefully
> work on it and make it watchable.

Ok, so this mail is now also going to ffmpeg-user, and hopefully followups
will only be there.

I don't need to upload the files, I just have to say where I got them :)

<http://downloads.oreilly.com/make/MAKE_2005-07-18.m4b> has JPEG images, and
works in mplayer.

<http://downloads.oreilly.com/make/MAKE_2005-08-01.m4b> (and all the others
from the RSS feed I linked above) has TIFF images, and the pictures aren't
displayed (audio works).
--
Joshua 'bruce' Crawford ... http://www.geocities.com/mortarn

Quando omni flunkus moritati