[MPlayer-users] mplayer audio problems

skuse mskuse at iname.com
Mon Oct 31 20:46:00 CET 2005

Heres one that really hs me stumped.  Spending a lot of time on it but
no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- mplayer 1.0pre7 with suse 9.2 on a x86 box

I have a bunch of divx videos with uLaw audio encoding.  Originally
created a user account and everything worked fine.  Eventually (a few
weeks or so) the audio quit working.  Hmmm, tried root and worked
fine.... Long story short created another user account and all was well
again... for a while.

A week or so later the same problem, except no audio as root this time
or any new user account for that matter....

First big note, audio works fine on rest system for everything (system
sounds, test audio, etc.) else except supertux game (clue???)  Made sure
all audio level were maxxed in kmix just to be safe.

So, first tried to make what was there work with overriding audio and
video output options (-ov and -oa).. no luck.  Tried to reinstall
mplayer RPM from ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/9.2/i686,
still no luck.  I have another machine that is almost identical and the
same videos play and sound fine.  Even tried different audio cards and
no luck....