[MPlayer-users] broadcast live stream to darwin streaming server from mencoder?

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Fri Sep 2 09:53:50 CEST 2005

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 12:46:27AM -0400, EC wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 21:21:00 +0300
> Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik at iki.fi> wrote:
>
> > That sounds like it should not be too difficult to send stream from
> > mencoder to darwin streaming server..
>
> I do not believe mencoder includes this functionality in itself however I am sure you
> could get network streaming working by using it + external apps.  A much better solution
> for on the fly transcoding and udp (or any kind) broadcasting is vlc.  Check out videolan.org

Thanks for your reply, but videolan wont work for me, because vlc doesn't support
sending (transcoded) stream to remote streaming server.

I need to do the transcoding and stream distribution to clients from
different boxes.

So I'm interested in "mencoder + external apps".. Has somebody done anything
like this?

> //Eli

-- Pasi Kärkkäinen

                                   ^