[MPlayer-users] can't play a certain wmv/asf stream in mplayer but I can in xine details included ..any ideas?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Sep 2 21:37:32 CEST 2005

t35t0r wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to play this stream: http://194.97.144.25/NewOrleans ..in
> mplayer but all I get is blue in the viewer window. It seems to work
> fine in xine.
>
> I started it with mplayer -v -nocache or just mplayer -v. This is a
> relevant part I suppose:

As others have said, you should never make assumptions about what parts
are "relevant" and not unless you're intimately familiar with MPlayer
yourself (in which case you're probably also an MPlayer developer).

However, "blank viewer window" problems are usually (IIRC) a matter of a
problem with the VO method; you might want to try something other than
the one you're currently using.

I've gotten weird results, not consistent either with themselves or with
your description, when trying to play the stream myself to test it - the
closest I've gotten (once) is a blank grey window with no sound, and
that was the result of the weirdest crash/hang I've ever seen out of
MPlayer. I haven't been able to reproduce it, though.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.