[MPlayer-users] playlist memory leak problem

Raheel Hameed raheel.hameed at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 09:54:50 CEST 2005

hi,

there's memory leak problem when we use playlist option, it looks like
its leaking memory after every playlist iteration, and it can hardly
run for  5 minutes and exhausts all the memory and so kernel kills it.
I experienced this problem with MPlayer-0.93 & tried the latest
version MPlayer-1.0pre7try2 and the same problem exists there as well.
Here's the way I run the mplayer:

./mplayer -playlist playlist.txt -loop 0 -slave -fs -vo vesa -fixed-vo
 -really-quiet 2> /dev/null > /dev/null

whereas playlist.txt contains logo.mpg on first line and ppt.avi on
other line. It seems it doesn't matter what you play, this happens
always as long as you run it like above.

i'm running :

- Slackware 9.1
- Linux 2.4.22 i686
- libc-2.3.2.so
- gcc 3.2.3
- ld 2.14.90.0.6 20030820
- as 2.14.90.0.6 20030820
- /proc/cpuinfo :
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : CentaurHauls
cpu family      : 6
model           : 7
model name      : VIA Samuel 2
stepping        : 3
cpu MHz         : 800.047
cache size      : 64 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu de tsc msr cx8 mtrr pge mmx 3dnow
bogomips        : 1595.80

If there's anything else needed please let me know.

Regards,

Raheel Hameed.