[MPlayer-users] Mencoder problems with glitcy ts/tp file...

Mark Williams (MWP) mwp at internode.on.net
Tue Sep 6 11:05:44 CEST 2005

> Mark Williams (MWP) wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >Im trying to encode a transport-stream (.tp) file which was captured off
> >HDTV.
> >On encoding with mplayer, about 11mins into the file, mencoder starts
> >complaining about corrupted ac3 and a non-interlaced stream.
> >

> uhm, maybe non-interleaved

Ah, yes, sorry it was.

> >I can play the file under windows in media player classic with no problems
> >though... there is just a glitch in the video when the problem occours.
> >
> >Is there a way to make mencoder handle the error ok?
> >Or are there ts/tp rapair tools i can use to fix the stream?
> >

> upload the broken portion of the file (using dd) somewhere accessible
> and post a link, plEase

Ok, here it is:
http://www.overclockers.com.au/~mwp/temp/hdtv-error-clip.tp

Its 17MB.... i can make it smaller if you would like, but thought i should leave
a few seconds either side to help with debugging.

This clip doesnt seem to produce the non-interleaved messages, but it does cause
mencoder to stop encoding the audio after the buggy frames.
Playing this clip under windows just causes a "click" at the bad frames, then
continues as normal.

Thanks.