[MPlayer-users] mplayer on amd 64

Antonio tritemio at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 16:37:54 CEST 2005

Hi,

2005/9/8, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com>:
[cut]
> > Is not clear to me if the win32 dll loader works on amd64 platform.
>
> no.

Ok, I suppose that the win32 loader works if mplayer is compiled in
32bit mode. Is it right?

> > If not, can I compile a 32bit binary of mplayer on my system? What
> > flag have I to modify?
>
> FTF FAQ: http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/faq.html#id2886594

Many thanks for the hit, I hadn't found that faq in my searches.

I've tried to compile as stated in the FAQ, but I get an error:

$ ./configure --target=athlon_xp --cc="gcc -m32" --as="as --32"
--with-extralibdir=/usr/lib
Checking for inttypes.h (required) ... no
Checking for bitypes.h (inttypes.h predecessor) ...
Error: Cannot find header either inttypes.h or bitypes.h (see
DOCS/HTML/en/faq.html).

Any hit on what can I check?

Cheers,

  ~ Antonio