[MPlayer-users] Splitting Video files for Fat32?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 16:53:22 CEST 2005

On 9/11/05, raid517 <raid517 at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22top+post
>
> OK well as ever you pewople have some odd etiquet. I'm not sure I even still get it. I have been on quite a few lists in the past and have never heard of this.
>
> It's odd I think how some communities when left in isolation for long enough will develope their own rules and social practices.

Not at all! It's how usenet has been working long before all of us got
a chance to have an internet access at home.

> Just for the record though I'm hardly a n00b. I haven't used an MS operating sytem for 5 years (Debian only) and don't think that the 3 or 4 lines of quoted text was excessive - and it would have been a lot harder to know what I was going on about if I hadn't quoted it. I haven't quoted any text here, so how will people who are new to this topic know what I'm talking about?

That's exactly why top posting is total nosence. Reply AFTER the
relevant text, so that we all know what you reply to. You can delete
all the text to which you do not reply, that's not a problem.
I don't think that this rule is any hard to understand: in normal
life, you reply to someone after he/she has told you, don't you?
Otherwise, please post on the mplayer-aliens at mplayerhq.hu ML.

> Anyhoo,as I said, thanks guys. I will look into that. I think it might be quite hard though to calculate the exact start time and stop time of every individual movie. Is there some kind of front end to mencoder that would make splitting files easier?

Maybe you should try one of the front-ends on our "related projects"
page on the homepage. Otherwise, you may also use 'avidemux', which is
a good tool too.

Guillaume
--
Reading doesn't hurt, really!