[MPlayer-users] Re: slightly confused by mencoder output

The Eye mhellwig at gmx.at
Mon Sep 12 23:55:36 CEST 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 10:30:58PM +0200, Matthias Wieser wrote:
> Am Montag, 12. September 2005 09:26 schrieb The Eye:
> > But afaik, there's no way to record stuff directly from the soundcard
> > for saa7134-based card (i.e. like the btaudio thing). Or is there?
>
> modinfo saa7134 | grep oss
>
> But it does not work right with my TV card.

whoa, thanks for the pointer. Just realized: If I just modprobe saa7134
oss=1, then it doesn't work and dmesg gives me the error message:
saa7134[0]/audio: audio carrier scan failed, using 5.500 MHz [default]

_but_, if I modprobe saa7134, run a tv-application, rmmod it and then
modprobe it again, this time with oss=1 as option, it works. so somehow
it seems it needs to be initialized by being tuned to some frequency ..
or something like that

> Works very well for capturing TV:
> http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=23381

will look into that.

--
Michael Hellwig  aka  The Eye                 olymp.idle.at admin
check out http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~csaa5128 for gpg public key