[MPlayer-users] Mplaye/Mcoderr on Ipod?

raid517 raid517 at ukonline.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 12:44:05 CEST 2005

"The wiki says there is "limited" a/v sync, whatever that means, so

perhaps their version is missing some important code?"

I'm not sure what the problem is - all I know is that Ipod Linux is really right now an uber cool project and that it probably deserves a little more support and attention than it currently gets.

After all, if Apple had released a video Ipod, it would be all over the press and all over the web. It would undoubtedly be sold as one of the biggest tech news stories of the year.

But when a bunch of people decide they aren't going to wait - and decide to do it for themselves and deliver what Apple can't or wont, it barey raises a whimper.

Anyway I just wondered if any of you guys might be able to help resolve this issue (either directly or indirectly) as you are the real video experts and I figured if there was something that needed fixing with Mplayer or Mencoder, or if any of you knew how to improve functionality or whatever, that this was probably the right place to come and ask.

GJ