[MPlayer-users] Coding request

raid517 raid517 at ukonline.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 05:04:28 CEST 2005

Hi I am in no way a coder at all, so I was hoping someone on this list
might help me to write a small app for mencoder which basically runs one
simple command -which is:

mencoder -ovc raw -ofps 15 -oac pcm -vf scale=220:-2,expand=220:176,format=bgr16 in.avi -o out.avi

Basically this is so that I can quickly encode videos to the right format for my Ipod, by right clicking
on the video and selecting 'opens with' (in linux) and then selecting the executable that will run the
appropriate mencoder command.

Can anyone possibly help? I'd love something more detailed that allowed me to batch encode a whole
bunch of videos and split videos automatically too to overcome the Ipods Fat32 limit - but hey I will
take any help at all that I can get.  :-)

Your assistance would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

GJ