[MPlayer-users] CVS fails to compile (xvid related)

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Wed Sep 14 16:36:33 CEST 2005

Since a couple of days I got an error trying to complile MPlayer.
The error happens when compiling libmpcodecs/ve_xvid4.c
and it is due to the fact that the source expects to have
xvid 1.1.0-beta installed. It does not work with xvid 1.0.3.

I have compiled 1.1.0-beta2 and runned configure with:
--with-xvidlibdir= and --with-xvidincdir=
but, although during the compilation of others part of the code the new
location of xvid is used, for the compilation of ve_xvid4.c the directories
specified with --with-xvid*dir are ignored.

There are two things to be fixed then,
if xvid 1.1.0beta is required, configure should detect it;
and --with-xvid*dir should be onored everywhere.

Giacomo