[MPlayer-users] Coding request

Antonio tritemio at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 16:01:17 CEST 2005

Hi,

2005/9/14, raid517 <raid517 at ukonline.co.uk>:
[cut]
> mencoder -ovc raw -ofps 15 -oac pcm -vf scale=220:-2,expand=220:176,format=bgr16 in.avi -o out.avi
>
> Basically this is so that I can quickly encode videos to the right format for my Ipod, by right clicking
> on the video and selecting 'opens with' (in linux) and then selecting the executable that will run the
> appropriate mencoder command.

This exact thing is easily done on linux. Just create a file in
/usr/local/bin, make it executable and put in it the following lines:

#!/bin/bash

mencoder -ovc raw -ofps 15 -oac pcm -vf
scale=220:-2,expand=220:176,format=bgr16 "$1" -o "new-$1"

> Can anyone possibly help? I'd love something more detailed that allowed me to batch encode a whole
> bunch of videos and split videos automatically too to overcome the Ipods Fat32 limit - but hey I will
> take any help at all that I can get.  :-)

You have to learn some scripting. You can extent nautilus context menu
very easily: just putting script (bash, perl, python) in
~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts/ and use zenity if you want a simple gui.

Cheers,

  ~ Antonio