[MPlayer-users] FAAD, AAC, 0xFF, ogm file sound issue

Leonard Nero LennyCorp at HotPop.com
Fri Sep 16 16:19:08 CEST 2005

Alexander Noe' wrote:
> Alexander Noe' wrote:
>
>> Yes, that's something officially AVI has supported for about 13 years...

Am I already that old :-)

> OMG....
>
> Again: Yes, that's something AVI has officially supported for about 13
> years...
>
>> Not if you try to use the outdated DirectShow filters of a  dead
>> container...
>> it should however work if you use Mediaplayer Classic.

With Mediaplyer Classic, it works fine, on windows I mean.
My problem is on linux.

Unfortunately (??), the only windows available is on my professionnal
laptop, so I cannot do what I want with it. My main personnal PC runs
linux only, so I need to have the sound there too.

>> Install CoreAAC 1.0b9. If you don't get sound with Mediaplayer Classic
>> then, the chances are good that your file is just broken.
>

> I forgot: Some downloads you'll find are probably 1.0b8. This does *not*
> work in some cases, so make sure you really get 1.0b9
>

> Alex

Thanx for that tip anyway !