[MPlayer-users] How convert this format?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 20:53:53 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 9/19/05, Rainer Hantsch <office at hantsch.co.at> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I don't find the clue even with the "online HTML doc".
>
> Meanwhile I found a way to get out the audio from this strange avi file and
> convert it into mp3 (-> thanks to the online doc), but now I stuck again.
>
> The resulting audio file is now existing with CBR, 128kbps, stereo in the file
> audio.mp3. The original file (pcm audio + mjpeg video @30fps) in avi file
> container is also here.
>
> But I find no way to let mencoder use the mp3 file instead of the audio inside
> the original file.
>
> Someone here who can explain?

If you adapt the example there :
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-mpeg4.html for your
needs, you should not have any problem.

If you need more information, read the encoding guide here:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/encoding-guide.html

I won't help you unless you make sure you read it (and make the effort
to understand it).

Guillaume
--
Reading doesn't hurt, really!