[MPlayer-users] t

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Sep 21 06:12:01 CEST 2005

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:26:49 +0200
Eric Thomas <ethomas at claranet.fr> wrote:

> I haven't found any option to tell mplayer which network interface to
> listen to.
> What is mplayer's behaviour ? how does it choose which is the default
> interface ? first one ?

I don't believe this remotely qualifies as a mplayer question.  No
doubt mplayer works as every other network application on Unix systems,
and uses your system's routing tables.

I believe multicast uses 224.*/8, so under Linux you'd add a route like
so:

  route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 dev eth1

which will tell EVERY PROGRAM on your system how to access multicast
addresses.