[MPlayer-users] mpeg demux problem

Eric Thomas ethomas at claranet.fr
Wed Sep 21 20:23:17 CEST 2005

Hi,

I try to use mplayer (latest from CVS) for watching MPEG stream initaly
targeted to a settopbox (still connected and used to select TV
channels).

The documentation says that Mpeg stream is MPEG2 MP at ML format with audio
MPEG 1 layer 1-2.

Among almost 50 channels, mplayer only manage to do the demux stuff for
4 of them :-( and I don't understand why.

mplayer -v -v says that the stream is TS format.
But when trying with non-working channels, I get this

TS_SYNC
TS_SYNC
TS_SYNC
IS_START
pes_parse2(0xbfad2f54, 184):
pes_parse2: HEADER 0b bf 21 04
pes_parse2: error HEADER 0b bf 21 (should be 0x000001)
TS_SYNC
TS_SYNC
IS_START
pes_parse2(0xbfad2f54, 184):
pes_parse2: HEADER 4f 56 3a 72
pes_parse2: error HEADER 4f 56 3a (should be 0x000001)
TS_SYNC
TS_SYNC
TS_SYNC

and it ends with a "no stream found" message.
I have increased -tsprobe without success.

I have no idea from where the problem is.
Could these channels be scrambled ? some of them are channels from
national TV that nobody needs to pay to watch them.

I can provide a file from -dumpstream if it helps you to help me :-)

Regards,
Eric