[MPlayer-users] cdda:// -ac ffdts

Ergzay ergzay at everyoneproductions.com
Fri Sep 23 03:08:02 CEST 2005

On 2005/09/22, at 14:13, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Thursday, 22 September 2005 at 19:38, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
>> Hi Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski!

>>> AudioCD can't be DTS. If you're saying it can, then show us the
>>> standard
>>> that says so.
>>
>> You should go to nearest big audio shop and ask for dts cd (or audio
>> cd
>> with 5.1 sound, it'll be the same). They'll prove you that you are
>> wrong..
>
> I will and I'm pretty sure they won't have any.
>
>> Its biggest feature is the fact that it can be played back on any cd
>> player with digital out, even on discman, if you have dts receiver.
>
> It's not CD Audio then and it doesn't carry the CD Audio logo.
>
>> Anyway, to the author of original question: you should use
>> -rawaudio on:format=0x2001, that will do it.
>
> Fine, we have a solution then. :)

I think this has already been told so but I have undeniable proof that
there IS and that you CAN make DTS audio CDs. With this file:
http://www.diatonis.com/downloads/diatonis_dts_tatu.zip from this page:
http://www.diatonis.com/downloads_dts_ac3.html is what I used. I
uncompressed the zip file and it turned into a .wav file. I took this
file I tried playing it with mplayer and with iTunes. mplayer didn't
play it even with that -rawaudio setting. (I may have something messed
up so that may be me.) With iTunes all I got was white noise from the
file. I then set the burning settings to "Audio CD" and burned the
single .wav file which iTunes could not decode onto a CD-R as an Audio
CD. I then took that CD down to my DVD player hooked up to a
decoder/amplifier that has DTS support. It worked just fine. On the FLT
screen of the dvd player it read "CDDA" and "DTS" and on the amplifier
it read "DTS". It really is interesting to hear ambient music in 5.1.
:-)