[MPlayer-users] Null audio

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Sep 23 03:30:12 CEST 2005

I'm having an issue with mencoder, and I need some advice.

1.  I have a video with no audio, and I want to capture the video with
no sound.  It is coming from a TV capture card (bt878).  I've tried all
sorts of ways and I am having no luck telling mencoder to capture video
only.

2.  After a while (3-10 seconds) the video buffer fills up.  Usually,
this is due to a lack of CPU horsepower, but top shows CPU usage as
50-60%.  Again, I've tried all sorts of things, but it always fills up.
I am stumped on this one, as I usually capture video on another machine
with no problems at all, and I am using similar mencoder commands.  The
hard drives are plenty fast; I am using IDE RAID-1 with each drive on
its own controller.

Unfortunately the machine is at work, and I am at home, so I can't
reproduce the command lines I use, so I am really looking for general
suggestions and thoughts.  I am really under the gun on this one; the
Win XP machine that this was supposed to be done on has puked, and of
course I said, 'I can take care of that', so now I'm stuck....

I am using the latest try2 tarball, compiled on a fresh debian sarge
install.

TIA,

--Yan