[MPlayer-users] cannot play some rmvb files, maybe an old problem

Globetrekker globetrekker at 163.com
Fri Sep 23 04:49:44 CEST 2005

Hi!

I'm using mplayer on Ubuntu 5.04. I downloaded all-20050412.tar.bz2
and unpacked it and copied the directory to /usr/lib/win32.

I can play most rmvb files I downloaded, sometimes I get error like
below. Sorry I didn't browse the mailinglist archive, maybe this is
an old problem. Anyway, this is the first time I use mplayer. It's
pretty good. If it can play all rmvb files, I'm about to uninstall
realplayer.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hawk Xu

The error message is:

MPlayer 1.0pre6-3.3.5 (C) 2000-2004 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel Pentium 4/Xeon/Celeron Foster (Family: 8, Stepping: 9)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
MMX2 supported but disabled
SSE2 supported but disabled
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX SSE

Linux RTC init error in ioctl (rtc_irqp_set 1024): Permission denied
Try adding "echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq" to your system
startup scripts.
Opening joystick device /dev/input/js0
Can't open joystick device /dev/input/js0 : No such file or directory
Can't init input joystick
Setting up LIRC support...
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support.
You will not be able to use your remote control.
Playing 青红/青红-cd1.rmvb.
REAL file format detected.
======= WAVE Format =======
Format Tag: 20557 (0x504D)
Channels: 2
Samplerate: 32000
avg byte/sec: 64000
Block align: 256
bits/sample: 16
cbSize: 0
===========================
Not audio/video stream or unsupported!

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: demux_open
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
  Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
  disassembly. Details in
DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
  gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
  DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We
can't and
  won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a
possible bug.