[MPlayer-users] Why doesn't everyone use CVS?

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Sep 25 22:42:34 CEST 2005

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:41:23 -0400
Ergzay <ergzay at everyoneproductions.com> wrote:

> Why doesn't everyone use the CVS? I can understand that some people
> have concerns that it may not be as stable, but from what I've seen
> the  CVS of a project is almost always more stable and has more
> features.

Take it from the resident bug-finder...  CVS is usually less-stable.
Releases tend to have a couple bugs (and it would be nice if the
appropriate patches for releases would be made available on the download
page) but CVS regularly has huge breakages of major features.  For
example, the MPEG muxer in CVS is pretty much completely broken right
now.