[MPlayer-users] RE: Re: BUG - Garbled output playing realaudio

Bryan Alton balton at eircom.net
Tue Sep 27 23:15:07 CEST 2005

Neil Sleightholm wrote:

> Bryan
>
> Your fix is looking really good. I have been running it all morning on
> Windows and I hear the occasional error but it syncs up again.
>
> These are the messages I see:
> "Packet timestamp gap Actual     232 msec Expected     115 Flags
> 00"
>
> Thanks for fixing this.
>
> Neil

It's good to know that it is ok under Windows. Are the glitches acceptable ?

The message are there to indicate the missing packets. 115 is my estimate of the
interpacket gap and 232 was what was in the packet i.e. one packet was lost.
I have seen 232 often, 348 occasionally (2 packets lost) and  464 a few times in the
the midst of a burst of 232's.  Time gaps are different for some of the other services such
as the World service.

Do you know any URLs for other Real streams that had similar probs ?

Bryan