[MPlayer-users] Trouble with dvd sync

Dark Shadow shadowofdarkness at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 18:47:45 CEST 2005

I have tested my script and it lasts longer in sync but it still goes out of
sync most of the time. As for the suggestion of other software I was
thinking of mythtv but came to the conclusion of overkill and I heard it
uses a lower quality format that I would have to transcode if I decided to
keep or take and watch at a friends, I often get calls from my sister when
she is busy or forgets to watch a show to see if I recorded it which I
usually do since I work evenings and record every show I watch I want to
just do a basic dvdauthor+burn in that case since she won't have the ability
to watch any strange codecs on her dvd player.

My computer should be able to handle this as it is pretty powerfull
Athlon XP 3000
1GB of PC3200 RAM
80GB ide drive with OS
160GB sata drive capturing to
Pinnacle PCTV Pro pci Capture card
Audigy 2 soundcard with audio from sat plugged into red+white inputs

MY current script

/usr/bin/amixer sset Aux2 100
/usr/bin/nice -n 0 /usr/local/bin/mencoder\
tv:// -tv
driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:norm=ntsc:fps=30000/1001:input=2:width=352:height=480\
:alsa:adevice=hw.0,0:audiorate=48000:amode=1\
-oac lavc -ovc lavc\
-lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=9800:ilme:ildct:\
vbitrate=2000:keyint=15:acodec=ac3:abitrate=192\
-mpegopts format=dvd:vaspect=4/3:muxrate=2000:vframerate=30000/1001:tsaf\
-vf harddup\
-quiet\
-of mpeg\
-o $1.mpg\