[MPlayer-users] gif fourcc

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Thu Sep 29 20:45:12 CEST 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:41:21 -0700 (PDT)
James Warden <d_werdan at yahoo.com> wrote:

> no, that's not the problem. Whether I have one
> codecs.conf file or not, it still doesn't work. Other
> players have the same difficulty (xine, vlc). The
> movie file is a quicktime/mov . If it can help, here
> is the mplayer message display :
>

> Playing Fullfull.mov.
> Cache fill:  0.02% (1574 bytes)    QuickTime/MOV file
> format detected.
> --------------
> MOV track #0: 1 chunks, 0 samples
> MOV: Found unknown movie atom Allocated 256 entries
> for palette
> Image size: 2 x 2 (8 bpp)
> Display size: 2 x 2
> Fourcc: gif   Codec: 'GIF'
> --------------
> MOV: longest streams: A: #-1 (0 samples)  V: #0 (1
> samples)
> VIDEO:  [gif ]  2x2  8bpp  15.000 fps    0.0 kbps (
> 0.0 kbyte/s)
> vo: X11 running at 1680x1050 with depth 16 and 16 bpp
> (":0" => local display)
> Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video
> format 0x20666967.
> Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!

Gif is only supported as stand-alone format (animated gif)
Anyway i think tis file is either a reference file or very broke, a 2x2
picture is sure too small to be useful.

Seeing the cache fill size i'd vote for the reference file option. Try
with cvs, some of them were fixed recently. And never cut mplayer
output when you post it to this list

Ciao,
 Roberto