[MPlayer-users] cvs snapshot download tar.bz2 ??

Heitzso heitzso at growthmodels.com
Thu Sep 29 21:28:14 CEST 2005

Trying to download the cvs snapshot tar.bz2 file from
the official mplayer download page and many of the links
are returning a 'not found, does not exist' message.

Also, when I did find a link that worked and unpacked
the MPlayer-current.tar.gz directory it became
MPlayer-20050806 ... ??

Is there a better route to go to grab cvs (using cvs
directly)?  Or is 20050806 a moderately stable CVS
version?  Or has the server transition just kept everyone
busy working on that and no one has had time to
manually update the cvs current download tarball?

I'm looking into CVS version because for my project we hit
one snag too many with mpeg2 files (sync and seek)
while equivalent mp4s play great (excellent sync and
seek) BUT in 1.0pre7 when trying to use the gui
slider bar to seek around in an mp4 file the slider
bar button doesn't want to budge.  Clicking on the
slider bar actually works great in that the video seeks
to a place that seems reasonable given where you clicked,
but the button on the slider control stays glued to the
left.  I was trying to grab latest-greatest-cvs to see if
that was fixed.

I greatly appreciate [g]mplayer.  Not complaining, just
sorting out how best to work with the minor glitches.

Thanks